I am so excited to write my first “Satrap’s Corner” and update you all on what the Mid-America Province Executive Committee has been up to so far! My goal is to write to you after every conference call to keep you up-to-date on what’s going on “behind-the-scenes” and let you know what our plans are. It is truly an honor to have the opportunity to serve as satrap this year, and I feel very confident in the executive board members that we have elected. Everyone has his/her own unique experiences and knowledge and skills that he/she can bring to the committee, and I believe we all can accomplish a lot together.
A few items of business that I would like to update you on….
1) Chapter Mentors
- Your chapter mentors will be contacting you once we’ve collected all the chapter officer contact sheets, but feel free to reach out to them if you have questions/need advice/want to say “hi” in the meantime.
|Chapter||Mentor Name||Mentor Email|
|Beta Upsilon||Tierney Mullemail@example.com|
|Gamma Theta||Jessica Changfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gamma Pi||Becca Mousseauemail@example.com|
|Delta Nu||Patrice Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Epsilon Rho||Stephen Jankovicemail@example.com|
|Epsilon Upsilon||Emily Hoadleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Epsilon Omega||Jill Shahemail@example.com|
|Zeta Mu||Matt Holderlyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Chapters||Sarah Kuntzemail@example.com|
- The following committees are now looking for members and co-chairs: Risk Management, Philanthropy, Auditing, Awards, Ritual, Legislative, Communications and Fundraising.
- This year, we will have a single, uniform application process that can be found here.
- Please submit by 5/20 so that we can get these committees started up as soon as possible! Please view the committee descriptions and charges that were also sent out. That way, you know what you are getting yourself into when you sign up. Individual Brothers will not be expected to spend an inordinate amount of time completing tasks, but the committees overall will accomplish a lot.
- The goal is to have the co-chairs selected by the end of May and give priority for committee selection to those that complete the google doc on time. From there, we will determine any gaps that exist and attempt to fill them in time for Fall conclave.
- The Collegiate Development and Graduate Development Committees will be formed separately in the near future.
- Graduate Brothers: we would love to have you join us on any of these committees!
- Collegiate Brothers: 1 Brother from every chapter must serve on each committee. Step up and help represent your chapter well!
3) Leadership Symposium
- We are very excited that the majority of MAP chapters will have representation at the Leadership Symposium this summer! Congratulations to the ambassadors and alternate ambassadors that have been entrusted with this important responsibility! Keep a lookout for the exciting updates and announcements that are posted on the International Kappa Psi Facebook group.
- Webmaster Emily Hoadley and Historian Jill Shah will also be attending and are willing to serve as points of contact for you!
4) Painting Social for Friday night of Fall conclave
- You may have noticed Grand Vice Regent Robert Mancini’s posts on the International Kappa Psi Facebook group about hosting painting socials to raise money for GCC at Fall Conclaves, and it looks awesome!
- Vice Satrap Patrice Davis will be working with Epsilon Upsilon to try to set this up for MAP.
5) MAP Philanthropy Project & Philantrophy
- The MAP Philanthropy Project for the 2016-2017 year will be determined by the committee and announced by the end of June!
- Criteria for the philantrophy will be incorporated into the Chapter of the Year report that Secretary Jessica Chang will send out by the end of June, so that chapters can start logging their points as early as possible.
6) Kappa Psi Foundation Scholarship
- As determined at conclave, Mid-America Province will be making a $1,000 donation to the Kappa Psi Foundation.
- Please consider applying for this prestigious scholarship (https://www.kappapsi.org/foundation) by May 16th.
- The deadline to submit taxes for 2015 is May 15th, 2016. Treasurer Tierney Mull has reached out to the chapters who are due or overdue on taxes.
- Please contact Brother Tierney Mull (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions/need assistance.
8) Ten Pin Design Contest
- The “Ten Pin,” as brought up by Brother Jenny Donaldson at Spring conclave, is to recognize Brothers who have been to 10 MAP conclaves.
- Historian Jill Shah will be organizing a “Ten Pin” design contest, so be on the lookout for that! We will vote on the design at Fall 2016 conclave.
9) Brother Recognition Between Conclaves
- Chaplain Adrian Hollis (fondly known as “MAP Chap”) will be implementing ways to keep our bonds of Brotherhood strong even when we are not together at conclaves.
- Be on the lookout for ways to recognize Brothers from your own chapter and other chapters for their contributions to the Fraternity and general awesomeness.
10) Updating Local Ordinances
- As mentioned in her province report, Grand Counselor Christy Askew recommends updating local ordinances at least once every 3 years.
- Parliamentarian Matt Holderly will be reaching out to chapters to help you update your local ordinances if desired.
- Webmaster Emily Hoadley will be working hard this year to ensure that not only will you receive high-quality posts through our social media but also more frequent updates.
- Check out our webpage: https://kappapsimap.wordpress.com/
12) Fundraising for GCC
- Brothers Antonio Rodriguez and Stephen Jankovic are already thinking up great ideas for fundraising for GCC! Need ideas? Feel free to reach out to them!
Thank you for taking the time to read my report on behalf of MAP EC. Looking forward to sharing more with you next month! PTBYB!
Mid-America Province Satrap